Nissan Sentra 2007-2012
Fuel will be spilled when removing fuel pump assembly if the tank is full. If the fuel gauge indicates more than ( 7 / 8 full), drain at least 3 1 / 8 gallons (12L) from the fuel tank.
- Check fuel level with the vehicle on a level surface. If the fuel gauge indicates more than ( 7 / 8 full), drain at least 3 1 / 8 gallons (12L) from the fuel tank .
- Siphon fuel from fuel tank if necessary.
- Open fuel door and unscrew the fuel filler cap to release the pressure inside the fuel tank.
- Release the fuel pressure.
- Remove rear seat bottom.
- Turn the three retainers 90°in a counterclockwise direction and remove the fuel pump inspection hole cover.
- Disconnect wiring and fuel feed hoses. To keep the connectors clean and to avoid damage, cover them completely with plastic bags or something similar. Do not insert plugs to prevent damage to O-ring.
- Remove center exhaust pipe.
- Remove fuel tank protector.
Loosen fuel filler hose clamp and remove fuel filler hose.
WARNINGDo not remove fuel filler hose from fuel filler tube. Mark components for alignment.
- Remove vent hose and EVAP hose at rear of fuel tank.
- Support center of fuel tank with transmission jack.
- Remove fuel tank bands. If they are not marked -R- and -L,- mark them now.
Lower transmission jack carefully to remove fuel tank while supporting it by hand.
WARNINGFuel tank may be in an unstable position because of the shape of fuel tank bottom. Be sure to support tank securely.
- Secure tank on a transmission jack and carefully raise it into position
- Fit the fuel tank bands (marked -R- and -L-) and tighten the bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- Connect the filler and vent hoses and tighten the clamps.
- Connect remaining tubes, wiring and fuel lines.
- With some fuel in the tank, turn the ignition switch ON to pressurize the system and check for leaks.
- Install remaining components.