Heater core removal requires removing the dashboard.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position the steering wheel in the straight-ahead position.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
Disconnect the negative (() battery cable; then, the positive (+) battery cable.
NOTEWait at least 10 minutes after disconnecting the battery cables for the charge in the air bag circuit to dissipate before working on the air bag module(s).
- Properly discharge and recover the refrigerant from the A/C system.
- Drain the cooling system.
Install the steering column by removing the following:
lower dash cover
- Install the center console. There are two screws under the front panel (below the brake handle) and two more at the back (open the lid).
- Install the lower instrument panel covers and disengage the diagnostic connector and hood release handle.
- Install the uppermost part of the center cluster trim, then install four screws to install the whole center cluster. Unplug wiring connectors as needed.
- Install the glove box. There are two screws below the door and four inside at the top.
- Disengage three clips to install the instrument cluster cover, then install three screws to install the instrument cluster. Unplug the connectors as necessary.
- Install the passenger side airbag module from the steering member. Store it face up out of the way.
- Install the speakers at each front corner of the dashboard and install the bolts securing the dashboard.
- Install the screws at each upper and lower corner of the dashboard and in the instrument cluster opening.
- Disconnect the antenna and install the dashboard.
- Disconnect the refrigerant lines from the evaporator.
- Disconnect the hoses from the heater core.