Removal & Installation
- Remove rear wheels and tires using power tool.
Remove lower sliding pin.
Swing cylinder body up and support cylinder body with a suitable wire as shown. Remove pads, shim, covers and pad retainers from torque member.
WARNINGWhen removing pad retainer from torque member, lift pad retainer in the direction shown by arrow, so as not to deform it.
- Apply Molykote AS-880N grease to cylinder body fingers, and between the inner shim and inner shim cover. Apply Molykote AS-880N grease inside the outer cover.
- Attach the inner shim and inner shim cover to the inner pad, and the outer cover to the outer pad.
Install the pad retainers and assembled pads on the torque member.
NOTEWhen installing pad retainer, attach it firmly so that it is not lifted up from torque member.
Install the cylinder body to the torque member.
Press the piston into the cylinder body using a suitable tool.
NOTECheck the brake fluid level in the reservoir tank because brake fluid returns to master cylinder reservoir tank when pressing piston in.
- Press the piston into the cylinder body using a suitable tool.
Install the lower sliding pin and tighten to the following specified torque.
- Tighten the lower sliding pin to 32 ft. lbs. (43.15 Nm).
- Check rear brakes for drag.
- Install rear wheels and tires.