Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure coolant escaping from the radiator.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air duct and air cleaner.
- Remove the upper radiator hose, heater hoses and throttle body hoses.
- Remove the water outlet and remove the water control valve from the cylinder head.
- To install, fit a new rubber ring on the water control valve.
Fit the valve into the cylinder head with arrow on outer face pointing up. The valve frame should be vertical.
- Fit a new gasket and install the outlet onto the cylinder head.
- Reconnect the hoses using new O-rings, gaskets and copper washers as needed.
- Fill the cooling system.
- After installation, run engine for a few minutes and check for leaks.