- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Discharge fuel system pressure.
- Remove the fuel inlet pipe cover.
- Loosen the hose clamp bolt and disconnect the fuel tank to filler pipe hose.
- Pinch the tube connector and then pull out the fuel tank main tube.
- Remove the wire harness clamps.
- Set up a transmission jack under the fuel tank.
- Remove the 6 set bolts of the 3 fuel tank bands.
While operating the transmission jack, unfasten the 4 claws for the wire harness and disconnect the fuel pump connector and vapor pressure sensor connector, then remove the fuel tank and the 3 fuel tank bands from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten the bolts of the fuel tank bands to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm)