Removal & Installation
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
After installation, calibrate the new electronic brake control module (EBCM) to the tire size that is appropriate to the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Raise and properly support the vehicle.
NOTEThe area around the electric hydraulic control unit (EHCU) MUST be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled ABS components.
- Thoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EHCU.
Remove the mounting screws that fasten the EBCM to the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV).
- Remove the EBCM from the BPMV. Removal may require a light amount of force.
- Remove the EBCM from the vehicle.
- Clean the BPMV to EBCM mounting surfaces with a clean cloth.
Do not reuse the old mounting screws. Always install new mounting screws with the new EBCM.
Do not use RTV or any other type of sealant on the EBCM gasket or mating surfaces.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the new EBCM screws.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If a new EBCM was installed, the EBCM must be programmed.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position. DO NOT start the engine.
- Using a scan tool, perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle.