Removal & Installation
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEClean the fuel connections before disconnecting them to prevent fuel system contamination. Cap the lines to prevent leakage and contamination.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure and open the fuel filler cap.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Detach the electrical connector from the pump.
- Disconnect the fuel lines from the pump, then slide the pump out of its bracket.
- Install the pump using new O-rings. Tighten the fittings to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connection and install the fuel filler cap.
Purge the fuel system of air. Start the vehicle and check for leaks.