- Raise and support the front end on jack stands.
- Remove as much power steering fluid from the reservoir as possible.
- Remove the engine under cover.
- On diesel models, remove the wheelhouse liner.
- Disconnect the hoses from the steering gear. Plug the lines to prevent leakage and contamination.
- Disconnect the steering shaft coupling from the gear.
- Remove the pitman arm nut, then separate the arm from the relay rod using puller J24319-B or equivalent.
- Remove the steering gear bolts and remove the gear from the vehicle.
- Install the gear in the vehicle. Tighten the bolts to 110 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- Connect the pitman arm to the relay rod.
- Connect the power steering hoses. Tighten the fittings to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
The remaining installation is the reverse of removal. Bleed the power steering system.