Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle independently in order to relieve the tension on the leaf springs.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Real Time Damping (RTD) sensors, if equipped
- Loosely assemble the spring shackle bracket to the frame. Install the shackle bolt. Install the shackle nut.
- Install the leaf spring assembly to the vehicle.
- Loosely assemble the spring to the front hanger bracket.
Install or connect the following:
NOTEDo not reuse the U-bolts.
Front spring hanger bracket bolt
Tighten in a crisscross pattern to:
2005-06 and 2007 Classic models
1500 series: 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm)
- 2005-06 and 2007 Classic models