Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean all debris from the electronic brake control module (EBCM) and the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) before loosening or removing any components.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Disconnect the brake line fitting. Be sure to cap the lines to prevent fluid loss or dirt from entering the system.
- Disconnect the outlet lines (front and rear). Be sure to cap the lines to prevent fluid loss or dirt from entering the system.
- Loosen the BPMV bracket bolts. It is not necessary to remove the bolts, loosen them and slide the BPMV and bracket assembly toward the front of the vehicle to remove it.
If removing the BPMV bracket from the BPMV, only loosen the mounting nuts.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the brake line fitting to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm), if equipped with JL4 and 18 ft. lbs. (18 Nm), without JL4.
- Tighten the outlet lines to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Bleed the ABS system.
- If a new EBCM was installed, the EBCM must be programmed. Using the GM diagnostic scan tool, or equivalent, refer to the on-screen reprogramming directions and reprogram the component.
- Calibrate the brake pressure sensor, using the diagnostic scan tool.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check for proper operation. Correct, as required.