Removal & Installation
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the front seat.
- Pull the carpet back to gain access to the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining nuts.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Install the sensor. Tighten the retaining nuts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool, or equivalent, refer to the on-screen reprogramming directions and perform the diagnostic system check procedure.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the carpet.
- Install the seat.