Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the front seat.
- Pull the carpet back to gain access to the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining nuts.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Install the sensor. Tighten the retaining nuts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Using the GM diagnostic scan tool, or equivalent, refer to the on-screen reprogramming directions and perform the diagnostic system check procedure.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the carpet.
- Install the seat.