Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable(s).
- Drain the engine coolant to below the level of the sensor
- If necessary remove the engine cover.
- Disconnect the electrical lead and unscrew the sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Coolant temperature sensor tightening torque:
4.3L engine: Tighten the sensor to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm)
Make sure to fill the engine with the proper type and amount of coolant.