Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2008
- Turn the ignition switch to ON , but do not start the engine.
- Disconnect the sensor lead at the sensor. Connect a test lamp to the lead; The lamp should glow. If not, check the wiring, fuses and connections.
- Disconnect the test lamp and ground the connector. The gauge should read at the HOT mark.
- Remove the connector from ground. The gauge should read at the COLD mark.
- At 104°F (40°C) the resistance of the sensor should be 1365 ohms.
- At 257°F (125°C) the resistance of the sensor should be 55 ohms.