Removal & Installation
4.8L, 5.3L & 6.0L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the upper intake manifold sight shield.
- Disconnect the spark plug wires at the ignition coils.
- Disconnect the coil harness connector.
Remove the coil mounting bolts. Remove the coil from its mounting.
NOTETwo different manufacturers of ignition coils are used on this vehicle. Refer to the illustrations for identification.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Position the component on its mounting.
- Tighten the retaining bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable.