Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove 2 / 3 of the brake fluid from the master cylinder.
- Remove the caliper and mounting bracket as an assembly.
- Hang the caliper and the mounting bracket assembly from the suspension using mechanics wire.
- Remove the brake rotor retainer screw.
- Remove the brake rotor from its mounting.
- Discard the rotor retainers, if equipped.
On JH6 and JH7, if reinstalling the original rotor, mark the position of the brake rotor to the wheel stud.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
- Install the rotor.
- Install the caliper.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.