Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove 2 / 3 of the brake fluid from the master cylinder.
- Remove the caliper and mounting bracket as an assembly.
- Hang the caliper and the mounting bracket assembly from the suspension using mechanics wire.
- Remove the brake rotor retainer screw.
- Remove the brake rotor from its mounting.
- Discard the rotor retainers, if equipped.
On JH6 and JH7, if reinstalling the original rotor, mark the position of the brake rotor to the wheel stud.
- Install the rotor.
- Install the caliper.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.