Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Remove the halfshaft, if equipped.
- Remove the wheel hub and bearing.
Remove the outer tie rod from the knuckle.
- Separate the upper control arm from the knuckle.
Separate the lower control arm from the knuckle.
- Remove the knuckle from the vehicle.
- Clean all grease and contaminants from the tapered section and the threads of the upper ball joint, the lower ball joint, and the tie rod end.
- Clean and inspect the taper holes and the mounting surfaces of the steering knuckle. If any of the tapered holes are elongated, out of round, or damaged, the replace the steering knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Check and adjust the front end alignment, as required.