Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Disconnect the outer tie rod from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the upper shock absorber mounting bolts.
- Properly support the lower control arm assembly.
- Remove the lower shock absorber retaining bolts.
Remove the component from its mounting.
Position the shock in a suitable holding fixture, CH-48845 or equivalent.
NOTEIf the vehicle is equipped with electronic suspension be sure that the upper retaining bracket of the tool is adjusted properly so that it does not damage the suspension mount.
With the shock properly positioned compress the spring.