Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Support the lower control arm with a jack or jack stand.
- Disconnect the electronic suspension control link connector, if equipped.
- Remove the brake hose retaining bolt and wheel speed sensor bolt, as required.
- Remove and discard the ball joint nut.
- Use a ball joint separator tool and separate the ball joint stud from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the upper control arm retaining bolts and alignment cam.
Remove the component from its mounting.
- Position the upper control arm to its mounting.
- Install the retaining bolts and alignment cam. Tighten to 140 ft. lbs. (190 Nm).
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Check and adjust the front end alignment, as required.