Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel. Remove the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the fuel feed pipe quick connecting from the module.
- Disconnect the EVAP pipe from the module.
- Disconnect the front EVAP pipe from the module.
Using tool J-45722 or equivalent, remove the fuel tank module lockring. Use the proper tool to avoid damaging the lockring.
WARNINGDo not handle the fuel sender assembly by the fuel pipes. The amount of leverage generated by handling the fuel pipes could damage the joints.
Carefully remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank.
NOTEWhen removing the module from the fuel tank, be aware that the module bucket is full of fuel. The module must be tipped slightly during removal to avoid bending the fuel level sensor float arm
Remove and discard the fuel tank module O-ring seal. Do not reuse this O-ring.
- Position the module to its mounting on the fuel tank.
- Be sure to use a new O-ring gasket. As required, use a new lockring.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.