Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
Remove the fuel tank filler pipe.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Remove the fuel tank shield, if equipped.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Disconnect and plug the fuel lines.
- Remove or reposition the EVAP canister assembly, as required.
- Position a suitable jack under the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel tank strap bolts. Remove the fuel tank straps.
- Carefully lower the fuel tank.
- Disconnect any remaining wires or lines still connected to the tank.
- Remove the tank from the vehicle.
Remove the fuel tank side shield, as required.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. When installing the tank, be sure to inspect all lines, hoses and electrical connections first. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Tighten the strap bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- To check for leaks, refill the tank then turn the ignition ON (engine OFF) for 2 seconds. Turn the ignition OFF for 10 seconds. Turn the ignition ON again (engine OFF) and inspect the tank and lines for leaks.