Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2008
Remove the fuel tank cap and relieve the fuel system pressure before servicing the fuel system in order to reduce the risk of personal injury. After you relieve the fuel system pressure, a small amount of fuel may be released when servicing the fuel lines, the fuel injection pump, or the connections. In order to reduce the risk of personal injury, cover the fuel system components with a shop towel before disconnection. Place the shop towel in an approved container when the disconnection is complete.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fuel cap.
- Remove the fuel rail service port cap.
- Wrap a shop towel around the fuel rail service port and using a small flat tip tool, depress (open) the fuel rail test port valve.
- Remove the shop towel. Properly dispose of the towel.
- Install the service port cap.
- Install the engine cover, as required.
- Tighten the fuel cap.