Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEWhen performing service on or near the SRS components, or SRS wiring the SRS must be disabled. Failure to observe the correct procedure could cause deployment of the SRS components. Serious injury can occur.
- Position the steering wheel so the front wheels are in the straight ahead position.
- Be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEThe SDM may have more than one fused power input. To ensure that there is no unwanted SRS deployment, personal injury, or unnecessary SRS system repairs, remove all fuses supplying power to the SDM. With all SDM fuses removed and the ignition switch in the ON position, the AIR BAG warning indicator will illuminate. This is normal and does not indicate a SRS system malfunction.
- Locate and remove the fuses supplying power to the SDM.
- Wait one minute before working on the vehicle.
If equipped, remove the sound insulator panel.
- Remove the blower motor insulating cover screws.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor.
- Remove the blower motor insulating cover.
- Pull the retaining tab down while turning the blower motor counterclockwise in order to disengage the blower motor from the heater/ventilation module.
Remove the blower motor.
- Install the blower motor.
- Install the blower motor to the heater/ventilation module. Turn the blower assembly clockwise until the retaining tab locks into place.
- Install the blower motor insulating cover.
- Connect the electrical connector to the blower motor.
- Install the blower motor insulating cover screws.
- Tighten the screws to 14 inch lbs. (1.6 Nm).
- If equipped, install the sound insulator panel.
- Enable the SRS system. Be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position. Install the fuses. Connect the negative battery cable. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. If the system is operating properly the AIR BAG indicator will flash.