Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
On Chevrolet, except diesel engine, remove the radiator air upper baffle and deflector. Remove the upper radiator grille.
On vehicles equipped with diesel engine, remove lower front bumper impact bar. Remove the upper radiator air upper baffle and deflector. Remove the grille.
- On vehicles equipped with diesel engine remove the wheelhouse liner.
On GMC equipped with diesel engine remove the front bumper fascia trim cap.
- Behind the headlamp at the top of the front bumper access the lower inside hidden headlamp bolt.
- Loosen the bolt, do not remove the lower outside hidden headlamp bolt.
- Remove the headlamp screws. Remove the hidden headlamp screw.
- Apply masking tape to the front bumper end caps, to protect the painted surface.
- For the right side only, disengage the upper retainer for the radiator air baffle.
- Release the headlamp from the support tab, rotate the lamp assembly towards the center of the vehicle.
- Disengage the headlamp electrical connector from the harness.
- Remove the assembly from the vehicle.
Remove the headlamp bulb, by turning the bulb assembly one-quarter turn counterclockwise.
Be sure to use new fasteners, as required.
Be sure to follow the bulb handling information which comes with the replacement bulb. This vehicle uses Halogen bulbs and they must be handled carefully.
- Position the bulb on its mounting.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.