Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2008
This procedure is required when a CKP sensor is replaced, an engine is replaced, a PCM is replaced, a harmonic balancer is replaced a crankshaft is replaced and any engine repair procedure that disturbs the CKP sensor.
Using the GM diagnostic scan tool, or equivalent, refer to the on-screen reprogramming directions and perform the transmission control module programming and setup procedure.
- Install the scan tool.
- Monitor the engine control module for DTC-s. If other DTC-s are set, except P0315, refer to the DTC list.
- Select the CKP variation learn procedure, using the scan tool.
- Follow the directions, on the tool.
Enable the CKP system variation learn procedure with the scan tool.
NOTEWhile the learn procedure is in progress, release the throttle immediately when the engine starts to decelerate. The engine control is returned to the operator and the engine responds to throttle position after the learn procedure is complete.
- Accelerate to WOT.
- Release when fuel cut-off occurs.
- Test in progress. The scan tool displays Learn Status.
- After the procedure is complete turn the ignition OFF for thirty seconds.