Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2008
Using the GM diagnostic scan tool, or equivalent, refer to the on-screen reprogramming directions and perform the tire pressure sensor learn procedure.
- Using the scan tool, initiate the TPM learn mode. A double horn chirp will sound indicating the learn mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
- Starting with the left front tire, activate the sensor by holding the antenna of the tool, aimed upward, against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location.
- Press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp.
- Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned and the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.
- After the horn chirp has sounded and the right front turn signal is illuminated, repeat the above step for the remaining three sensors in the following order: right front, right rear and left rear.
- When the left rear sensor has been learned and a double horn chirp has sounded, the learn process is complete and the DCRL exists in learn mode.
- With the ignition OFF, adjust the tire pressure in all four tires.