When the tire is removed from the wheel, note the following in order to avoid tire pressure sensor damage upon tire dismounting.
- Place the sensor cap and valve on a dry clean surface after removal.
- The cap is aluminum and the valve is nickel plated, do not replace these components if they are made with other materials.
- When separating the tire bead from the wheel, position the bead braking fixture ninety degrees from the valve stem.
- Position the mounting/dismounting head so the tire iron, or pry bar, can be inserted slightly clockwise of the sensor body when prying the tire bead up and over the mounting/dismounting head.
- Using the tire machine, rotate the tire and wheel assembly clockwise when transferring the tire bead to the outside of the wheel rim. Repeat for inner bead.