Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the transmission.
- Remove the clutch cover bolts one turn at a time, until spring pressure is relieved.
- Remove the clutch cover and the clutch disc.
- Install the clutch disc and the clutch cover.
- Hand-start the clutch cover to flywheel bolts, leaving the clutch cover loose enough to reposition for alignment.
Install a clutch alignment tool to center the disc.
- Tighten the clutch cover to flywheel bolts in the sequence shown. Tighten the bolts to 30 Nm (22 ft. lbs.).
Recheck each bolt torque using the tightening sequence.
NOTEExcessive amounts of lubricant on the input shaft splines may contaminate the clutch disc and cause clutch shudder.
- Lubricate the inside diameter of the bearing with Saturn P/N 21005995, or equivalent.
- Install the transmission.
- Bleed the hydraulic system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.