Removal & Installation
2.4L (LE5) & 2.0L (LNF) Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the engine drive belt.
- Use the crankshaft holding tool J 38122-A, or equivalent, in order to prevent the crankshaft from rotating while loosening the crankshaft balancer bolt.
- Remove and discard the crankshaft balancer bolt.
- Remove the balancer using a universal removal tool.
Ensure both components are aligned correctly or serious engine damage will occur.
- Install the crankshaft balancer onto the crankshaft indexing keyway. Use care to properly align the keyway and the flats on the balancer with the oil pump drive.
- Install the crankshaft balancer using a universal balancer installer.
- Install a new crankshaft balancer bolt and washer. Prevent the crankshaft from rotating when tightening the bolt.
- Tighten the bolt to 100 Nm (74 ft. lbs.) plus an additional 125 degrees.
- Install the engine drive belt.