Removal & Installation
2.4L (LE5) & 2.0L (LNF) Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine from vehicle.
Remove the oil pan bolts.
- Remove the oil pan at pry points.
- Clean the oil pan mating surface.
- Clean the oil pan. Remove all the sludge and the oil deposits.
- Inspect the threads for the engine oil drain plug.
- Inspect the oil pan for cracking near the pan rail and the transmission mounting points.
Inspect the oil pan for cracking resulting from impact or flying road debris.
NOTEThe oil pan baffle and pickup screen are not removable from the oil pan.
- Inspect the oil pan baffle and pickup screen.
- Repair or replace the oil pan as necessary.
- Make sure that the oil pan and mounting surface on the lower crankcase are free of all oil and debris.
Apply a 3.5 mm bead of GM P/N 12378521 (Canadian P/N 88901148) or equivalent around the perimeter of the oil pan and the oil suction port opening.
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the oil pan bolts. Tighten the oil pan bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.) in sequence.
- Install engine in vehicle.
- Refill crankcase, check and refill fluids as needed.