Removal & Installation
2.4L (LE5) & 2.0L (LNF) Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the transmission and, if equipped, the clutch.
NOTEIt may be necessary to remove the chamfer (bevel) from the edge of an 18 mm socket in order to get full engagement on the thin-headed flywheel bolts.
Remove the flywheel bolts.
NOTEDo not orientate the flywheel to the crankshaft. It is balanced separately from the engine.
- Remove the flywheel.
Clean the thread adhesive from the flywheel bolt holes. Use a nylon bristle brush to clean the holes in the crankshaft.
NOTEDo not damage the outside diameter of the crankshaft or chamber with any tool.
- Pry out the crankshaft rear oil seal using a flat-bladed tool.
- Using a seal driver, install a NEW crankshaft real oil seal.
- Install the flywheel.
- Install the flywheel bolts. Tighten the bolts to 53 Nm (39 ft. lbs.) plus an additional 25 degrees.
- Install the clutch, if equipped.
- Install the transmission.