Removal & Installation
2.4L (LE5) & 2.0L (LNF) Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the hood.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Remove the drive belt tensioner.
- Remove the crankshaft balancer.
- Remove the engine front cover bolts.
- Remove the engine front cover-to-water pump bolt.
Remove and discard the engine front cover gasket.
- Position and install the engine front cover.
- Install the engine front cover to water pump bolt. Tighten the bolt to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
- Install the engine front cover bolts. Tighten the bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
- Install the crankshaft balancer.
- Install the drive belt tensioner. Torque to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install drive belt.
- Install hood.