Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the front caliper and support it out of the way. Do not disconnect the brake hose. Do not let the caliper hang by the hose.
- Remove the brake caliper bracket bolts.
Remove the brake caliper bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
Please take note of the following tightening specifications:
Tighten the bracket bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm). Apply lubricant to the front caliper guide pins ensuring adequate lubrication to both pin areas of the front brake caliper bracket with GM P/N 22688644 or equivalent.
- Gradually apply pressure to the brake pedal until a firm pedal is felt. If a firm pedal is not achieved, wait 15 seconds and repeat until a firm pedal is obtained.