Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the brake hose bolt.
- Remove the brake hose bolt washers.
- Remove the front brake hose.
- Cap or plug the brake hose to prevent fluid loss and contamination
- Remove the brake caliper bolt.
Remove the brake caliper.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
Please take note of the following tightening specifications:
Tighten the caliper mounting bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Bleed the brakes.
- Gradually apply pressure to the brake pedal until a firm pedal is felt. If a firm pedal is not achieved, wait 15 seconds and repeat until a firm pedal is obtained.
Fill the master cylinder to the proper level.
WARNINGDo not reuse the brake hose bolt washers.