Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the tie rod end nut.
Using the appropriate tool, remove the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
NOTELoosen but DO NOT remove the nuts until the ball studs have been separated from the knuckle.
- Use the appropriate tool to remove the upper and lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the upper and lower ball joint nuts.
Remove the steering knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle.
- Install the upper and lower ball joint nuts.
- Tighten the upper ball joint retaining nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). plus an additional 150°
- Tighten the lower ball joint retaining nut to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm). plus an additional 135°
- Install tie rod end and retaining nut and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). plus an additional 115°
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Lower vehicle.
- Check wheel alignment.