Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- Without disconnecting the hydraulic brake hose from the caliper, remove and support the brake caliper with bracket as an assembly.
- Separate the lower control arm ball stud from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the lower shock mounting bolts.
Remove the upper shock mounting nuts.
NOTERaise the steering knuckle and upper control arm while removing the shock module toward the rear of the vehicle.
Remove the shock module.
- Install the shock module.
- Install the upper strut nuts and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm)
- Install the lower strut bolts, nuts and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm)
- Reconnect the lower control arm ball stud to the steering knuckle and tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm) plus an additional 135°
- Install brake caliper assembly and tighten caliper bracket bolts to 85ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install the wheels.
- Lower vehicle.
- Check wheel alignment.
Testing & Inspection
- Test drive vehicle.
- Inspect each shock absorber for external fluid leakage.
- Use your hands in order to lift up and push down each corner of the vehicle 3 times.
- Remove your hands from the vehicle.
- Replace any shock that exceeds more than two bounces.