Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the caliper and support it out of the way. Do not disconnect the brake hose. Do not let the caliper hang by the hose.
- Remove the brake caliper bracket bolts.
Remove the brake caliper bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
Please take note of the following tightening specifications:
Tighten the bracket bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Apply lubricant to the front caliper guide pins ensuring adequate lubrication to both pin areas of the front brake caliper bracket with GM P/N 22688644 or equivalent.
- Gradually apply pressure to the brake pedal until a firm pedal is felt. If a firm pedal is not achieved, wait 15 seconds and repeat until a firm pedal is obtained.
- Fill the master cylinder reservoir to the proper level.
- Burnish the brake pads and rotors.