Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Release the tension from the park brake cables.
- Disconnect the park brake cable from the actuator lever on the brake caliper.
- Remove the brake hose bolt.
- Remove the brake hose bolt washers.
- Remove the brake hose.
- Cap or plug the brake hose to prevent fluid loss and contamination
- Remove the brake caliper bolt.
Remove the brake caliper.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
Please take note of the following tightening specifications:
WARNINGDo not reuse the brake hose bolt washers.
Tighten the caliper mounting bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Bleed the hydraulic brake system.
- Gradually apply pressure to the brake pedal until a firm pedal is felt. If a firm pedal is not achieved, wait 15 seconds and repeat until a firm pedal is obtained.
- Fill the master cylinder reservoir to the proper level.
- Connect the park brake cable to the actuator lever on the caliper.
- Adjust the tension of the park brake cables.
- Burnish the brake pads and rotors.