Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove propeller shaft.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assemblies.
- Remove the right and left wheel drive axle shafts.
- Position a transmission jack beneath the differential.
Firmly secure the differential to the transmission jack.
Remove the front differential carrier bracket to frame bolt.
Remove the left and right differential rear mounting bolts.
- Lower the jack slightly until the mounting ear at the front of the differential clears the support attachment point.
- Remove the differential from the vehicle.
- When replacing the differential. remove the plastic vent plug and install a new differential vent. The vent flange must be fully seated.
- With the differential firmly attached to the jack, raise the differential to the vehicle.
- Hand install the differential carrier bracket-to-frame bolt (1) in order to locate the differential to the rear support.
- With the differential firmly attached to the jack, raise the differential to the rear support.
- Position the differential to the support.
- Install the left and right differential rear mounting bolts. Tighten the differential mounting bolts to 129 ft. lbs. (175 Nm).
- Tighten the differential carrier bracket to frame bolt to 129 ft. lbs. (175 Nm).
- Remove the transmission jack.
- Install propeller shaft.
- Install the wheel drive shafts.
- Install the rear tire and wheel assemblies.
- Inspect the differential lubricant level.
- Lower the vehicle.