Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the adjustment link retaining nut.
- Using the J-42188-B Ball Joint Separator, separate the adjustment link ball stud from the knuckle.
- Separate the rear adjustment link from the suspension knuckle. DO NOT loosen the adjustment jamb nut.
- Remove the upper shock module mounting nuts.
- Remove the lower shock module mounting nuts.
- Remove the lower shock module mounting bolts.
Remove the shock module.
NOTERemove the strut toward the rear of the vehicle.
- Install the shock module.
- Install the lower shock module mounting bolt sand nuts. Tighten the nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the upper shock module mounting nuts and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Reconnect the rear adjustment link and tighten the retaining nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). plus an additional 150°
- Install tire and wheel.
- Lower vehicle.
Testing & Inspection
- Test drive vehicle.
- Inspect each shock absorber for external fluid leakage.
- Use your hands in order to lift up and push down each corner of the vehicle 3 times.
- Remove your hands from the vehicle.
- Replace any shock that exceeds more than two bounces.