The rear wheel hub and bearing assembly is a sealed unit and does not require adjustments or repacking.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bracket.
- Remove the drive axle retaining nut.
- Remove the wheel/hub mounting bolt.
- Using a small flat-blade screw driver, remove the speed sensor wiring harness from the upper control arm.
- Disconnect the speed sensor electrical connector.
Remove the wheel hub.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
Please take note of the following tightening specifications:
Tighten the new halfshaft nut to 118 ft. lbs. (160 Nm).