Removal & Installation
2.4L (LE5) & 2.0L (LNF) Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake manifold. Refer to intake manifold removal.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable and nut.
- Disconnect the starter solenoid terminal no. wire and nut.
- Remove engine harness terminals
Remove starter motor.
- Install starter motor and tighten mounting bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Install the engine harness terminals
- Reconnect the starter solenoid terminal no. wire and nut. Tighten to 27 inch. lbs. (3 Nm).
- Reconnect the positive battery cable and nut. Tighten to 89 inch. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the intake manifold.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Testing & Troubleshooting
Inspect the following items for slow cranking condition:
Perform the Battery Inspection/Test.