Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove accessory drive belt. For additional information, refer to the following section, "Accessory Drive Belt, Removal & Installation.-
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the protective plastic cover from battery positive stud at top of the alternator.
- Remove the nut securing the battery output cable to the battery positive terminal at the top of the alternator.
- Unplug the ground terminal harness connector at rear of the alternator.
- Remove the four mounting bolts.
Remove the alternator from the lower side of vehicle.
- Install the alternator and tighten the mounting bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Connect the ground terminal to the rear of the alternator.
- Install the battery positive cable to the top terminal and install the protective plastic cover.
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Lower the vehicle.