Draining Water From The System
Connect a hose to the Water in Fuel (WIF) drain and place it in a clearly marked and suitable container. Open the WIF drain by turning counterclockwise. Turn the ignition key on for 20 seconds. Repeat the procedure until all water is removed, close the drain and remove the hose.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the water in fuel (WIF) sensor electrical connector.
- Using Special Tool 9539, release the fuel hose clamps at the fuel filter.
Remove the fuel filter retaining bracket bolt and remove the fuel filter.
- Fill new fuel filter with the new diesel fuel.
- Carefully seat the WIF sensor (if removed) and tighten bolt to 13 inch lbs. (1.5 Nm).
- Position fuel filter in the bracket and tighten the retaining bolt to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the fuel lines and re-crimp clamps using Special Tool no. 9539.
- Connect the WIF wiring harness connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Cycle the ignition several times to build pressure.
- Start engine and inspect for leaks.