Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine appearance cover.
- Remove the fuel return hose locking clamps, and remove the hose.
Disconnect the fuel injector high pressure line.
NOTECounterhold injection lines with wrench socket at threaded connections of injectors.
Remove the fuel injector retaining bolt and tension claw, then remove the injector and seal.
NOTEIf injectors are tight, remove with special tool 9552.
Remove the fuel injectors.
- Clean the injector and recesses.
- Coat the injector body with anti-seize lubricant, then install the injector with new seals.
- Install the tensioning claws with new screws to the injectors. Tighten the screws to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm) plus 90°.
- Position the fuel return line to the injectors and secure the locking clamps.
- Install the high pressure injection lines.
- Connect the injector electrical connectors.
- Install the engine appearance cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Program all of the injector codes into the Engine Control Module using a scan tool.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.