- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Detach the coolant line from the lower radiator shroud.
NOTEThe radiator fan assembly is threaded to the water pump hub shaft. Remove the fan blade/viscous fan drive assembly from the water pump by turning the mounting nut counterclockwise as viewed from the front. Threads on the radiator fan drive are RIGHT-HAND. .
- Using Special Tool 8930 Counterholder, remove the radiator fan.
- Remove the upper air seal. (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel only)
- Remove the upper radiator hose. (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel only)
Remove the radiator fan shroud and radiator fan.
NOTEStore the fan in the upright position. Do not place down flat.
- Install the radiator fan and clutch assembly to the engine.
- Install the center bolt, and using Special Tool 8930 to hold the fan, tighten the bolt to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Attach the upper radiator hose and install the air seal. (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel only)
- Attach the coolant line to the lower radiator shroud.
- Properly align and clip the fan shroud into place.
- Connect the negative battery cable.