The fuel level sending unit (fuel level sensor) and float assembly is located on the side of the fuel pump module.
- Remove fuel pump module from fuel tank. Refer to Fuel Pump Module Removal/Installation.
- Unplug sensor's 2-wire harness from pump module electrical connector.
- Before disconnecting wiring from 2-wire harness electrical connector, note position of each wire in the connector. Record this position.
- Disconnect wiring from 2-wire harness electrical connector using a terminal pick / removal tool. Refer to Special Tools in 8W, Wiring for tool part numbers.
- To remove sending unit from pump module, press on plastic locking tabs while sliding sending unit on its tracks.
- Noting their previous positions, connect wires from 2-wire harness into its connector.
- Plug 2-wire harness connector into pump module electrical connector.
- Position sending unit (4) to tracks on fuel pump module. Slide and snap into place.
- Install fuel pump module. Refer to Fuel Pump Module Removal/Installation.