- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Remove the filler door fasteners, then remove the filler door and gas cap.
Remove the filler tube panel fasteners, then remove the filler tube panel.
- Remove the fuel filler tube fastener, located just inside the filler door panel.
Remove the tie straps, harness connector and fuel filler grommet.
- Disconnect the harness connector.
- Disconnect the Fuel Feed line and Fuel Return line.
- Remove the front and rear tank straps.
- Support the fuel tank with a suitable jack.
- Remove the center fuel tank strap.
- Disconnect the Evaporative Emission Vent Line (1) from the Fuel Tank (2).
- Lower the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Raise the fuel tank into position in the vehicle.
- Reconnect the Evaporative Emission Vent Line (1) to the Fuel Tank (2).
- Install the Center Fuel Tank Strap and tighten the strap bolt to 41 ft. lbs. (56 Nm).
- Reconnect the fuel feed and return lines.
- Reconnect the wiring harness connector.
- Install the Fuel Filler Tube Grommet, harness connector and tie straps.
- Install the front and rear Fuel Tank Straps and tighten the strap bolt to 41 ft. lbs. (56 Nm).
- Install the Fuel Filler Tube and Tube Fastener.
- Install the Fuel Filler Tube Panel and install the 4 Fuel Filler Tube Panel Fasteners.
- Install the Fuel Filler Door and the Gas Cap, then install the 2 Fuel Filler Door Fasteners.