Removal & Installation
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air intake assembly.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail.
- Remove any vacuum lines from the throttle as necessary.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the fuel injectors.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the throttle body and position the wiring harness aside.
- Remove the four fuel rail mounting bolts.
- Gently rock and pull left side of fuel rail until fuel injectors just start to clear machined holes in cylinder head. Gently rock and pull right side of rail until injectors just start to clear cylinder head holes. Repeat this procedure (left/right) until all injectors have cleared cylinder head holes.
- Remove the fuel rail from engine.
Release the fuel injector clip and separate the fuel injector from the fuel rail.
- Install the fuel injector into the fuel and install the injector clip.
- Clean out the fuel injector bores in the intake manifold.
- Apply a small amount of engine oil to each fuel injector O-ring. This will help in fuel rail installation.
- Position the fuel rail/fuel injector assembly to the injector openings in cylinder head.
- Guide each injector into cylinder head. Be careful not to tear injector O-rings.
- Push the right side of the Fuel Rail down until the Fuel Injectors are seated on the Cylinder Head Shoulder. Push the left Fuel Rail Down until the Injectors are seated on the Cylinder Head Shoulder. Install the fuel rail mounting bolts.
- Install the engine wiring harness and install the electrical connectors to the throttle body and all six injectors.
- Install any removed vacuum lines to the throttle body.
- Reconnect the fuel line to the fuel rail.
- Install the air intake assembly.
- Install the engine appearance cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.