Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the rear differential.
- Remove the brake caliper, rotor and parking brakes.
Remove the axle flange plug snap ring.
- Tap the axle end plug loose from the axle flange with a hammer and punch. Pull the plug out of the axle flange.
Remove the axle bearing bolts from the axle.
- Remove the axle shaft assembly from the axle.
Press the axle shaft out of the flange and bearing.
- Coat the axle splines with Mopar® Thread Sealant or equivalent.
- Press the axle shaft into the bearing and axle flange using a shop press.
- Install a new plug in the axle flange.
- Install the axle flange plug snap ring.
- Install the axle shaft assembly into the vehicle.
- Install the axle bearing bolts.
- Install the brake components.
- Fill the differential with fluid to the correct level.