Removal & Installation
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Siphon the washer fluid from the washer reservoir into a clean container for reuse.
- Remove the two screws that secure the reservoir to the bracket on the top of the left front fender inner wheel house.
- Lift the washer reservoir upward far enough to access the front washer pump/motor unit on the inboard side of the reservoir.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the front washer pump/motor unit.
- Disconnect the washer supply hose from the barbed pump outlet nipple.
- Grasp the top of the washer pump/motor housing and pull it firmly inboard far enough to disengage the snap fit between the motor housing and the molded motor receptacle in the reservoir.
- Using hand pressure, firmly grasp and pull the washer pump upward far enough to disengage the pump inlet nipple from the rubber grommet seal/filter screen in the reservoir. Care must be taken not to damage the reservoir.
- Remove the rubber grommet seal/filter screen from the pump mounting hole in the washer reservoir and discard.